There are numerous attorneys who claim to handle DUI (driving under the influence) cases in Sacramento, California. They claim to be knowledgeable, but only a few have the background and experience to properly handle these cases. Driving Under the Influence is a criminal charge in California that can potentially carry a wide variety of punitive actions. Throughout the state and the rest of the country, drunk driving laws are becoming more rigorous and heavily enforced. This has resulted in harsher punishments with lower legal limits for blood alcohol content. It is important to know that upon conviction for drinking and driving, you face the loss of driving privileges (a driver’s license suspension or revocation), increased insurance premiums, heavy fines, and possible jail time. Any driver in Northern California who has been charged with a DUI should consider hiring an experienced California DUI lawyer to help in their his against this charge.
Although specific occurrences and scenario will vary, a DUI arrest in Sacramento County may continue as follows:
- At any given moment, a police officer patrolling the roads notices someone who is driving erratically or who is possibly violating a traffic law. The driver may be swerving their vehicle, driving too slowly, speeding, driving impetuous or in some way displaying behavior which may indicate intoxication or a person driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The officer will pull the driver over to the side of the road.
- The officer will ask the driver to see their license and registration information. At this time, the officer may also look for any indications that the driver may be DUI, such as bloodshot eyes or slurred speech. The officer may also ask the driver if he or she has been drinking, where he or she is going, etc.
- Depending on behavior observed, the officer may ask the driver to step outside of the vehicle to perform field sobriety tests. These various tests help the officer dictate the driver’s mental and physical abilities.
- The driver’s performance on field sobriety tests will typically determine whether the police officer makes an arrest for DUI.
At the Law Offices of Bowman & Associates, APC, we believe that it is most important that you feel comfortable and confident in your choice of your defense attorney. We have found that an attorney-client relationship works best when built on trust and a common degree of likeness, and so it is important that a potential client meet with an attorney to discuss their particular case and charges. By working with an Elk Grove DUI attorney, you are working to make sure that not only are you able to make amends for your choices, but that you are able to protect your rights and minimize the impact this charge has on your life.
Charge of D.U.I. with a prior, jail time reduced from 41 days to 32 days with a recommendation that the time be spent on home detention for B.S. in Sacramento County – February 2012
Cities & Counties Around Sacramento, California We Also Serve:
Fair Oaks, Rancho Cordova, Elk Grove, Carmichael, Folsom, Davis, Roseville, Placerville, and throughtout El Dorado Hills.
We know that receiving a California DUI charge can be a stressful experience. The likely damage a DUI can do to your record and reputation is a risk that you should take seriously. If you have been charged with a DWI or DUI in Sacramento, California, you may feel that you have no other option but to plead guilty and face the consequences. However, an experienced lawyer at Bowman & Associates knows the alternatives that will allow you to fight the charges and avoid unnecessary hardships resulting from a DUI conviction.
DUI charges reduced to alcohol related reckless driving. Client J.M. does not have to install the breath testing device and has his fine reduced in Sacramento County – September 2012
A DUI conviction can have long lasting effects on your life – and it is our job, our passion, to fight every element of your case to reach a desirable result. By working frequently in DUI/DWI or drunk driving defense, the attorneys at The Law Offices of Bowman & Associates, APC have the exclusive experience necessary with the diligence, persistence, expertise and legal dexterity to comfortably guide you through California’s DWI laws and defend your good reputation along the way. We understand you are likely very concerned about your situation and the seriousness of your offense. You can trust that we will take the time to investigate your charges to ensure all police procedures were conducted properly, and that there were no outstanding factors that could have caused you to fail or perform poorly on a breath test, blood test, or field sobriety tests. If you have been arrested or charged with a DUI offense, to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case, please contact a Bowman & Associates DUI lawyer today at (916) 923-2800.